dSquared snowboarding

Document your personal work here. Show photos, movies, and share your secrets.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

OAC

Post by OAC »

doughboyshredder wrote:Don't need silicone, if you do your hose right.
:)
deanevans

Post by deanevans »

doughboyshredder wrote:Don't need silicone, if you do your hose right.
Lol yes I know that but i was being extra careful because i didn't want to open up the hose again if I stuffed it up.

Luckily it worked sweet and i took it up to 3 bar then up to 5 and it held fine :)

Also just to hopefully make everyone here a little bit jealous I have just gotten back from a week at the snow again :) hopefully we will be back down again in a few weeks aswell. If only i could afford to get the fiberglass i need to make my first board.....
deanevans

SNOWMAN

Post by deanevans »

O yea i almost forgot i thought i would share our creation with you guys, its a massive 7-8' snowman!!!
Its me and my girlfriend Anna.
Brazen

Post by Brazen »

What flavor IS that? :D
"86% of the time it works 100% of the time".
deanevans

an update thats been a long time coming

Post by deanevans »

Alright so the New Zealand season ended a couple months ago but its taken awhile to get the funds back together. So over the last couple weeks we got some more materials together and started putting the finishing touches on the press.

This is the top mold, it needed a little bit more work at this stage:

Here is the press with everything in it:

And finally this is our very first board that we have made :) it had a few cosmetic issues as such that the tip spacer we used wasn't even around the edges and we used cooking paper to protect the top sheet but in a couple of places it stuck to the board which we attempted to sand off which you will see around the inserts.

So yea that's the update for now.

Hopefully really soon we will have a really nice board to show everyone. We have looked at printing them and hopefully the next one will be printed.
deanevans

update

Post by deanevans »

Also I almost forgot, at 4-6bar so far we haven't had any deflection. So as of yet there's no modifications needed to be made to the press :)
And also we have a few plans to modify the press. In the future we plan to add pneumatic's and remove the airbag so there is more space to put everything in.

But again that's on hold because there can be quite expensive.
richie

good work lads!

Post by richie »

Welcome to the club! Looks good for your first board , well done. I will be in akl over xmas/newyear hopefully so I will get in touch ok. If I can I'll bring one of my boards up to show you fella's

Cheers, Rich
MonkeyCAM and SnoCAD - https://github.com/mikemag
Ski binding mounting https://github.com/splitn2/DrillSki

Richard Harcourt | www.splitn2.com | Christchurch New Zealand
rich@splitn2.com | www.facebook.com/splitn2
twizzstyle

Post by twizzstyle »

First board looks pretty good!

On the cooking paper, did you use wax paper? I always use parchment paper on top and bottom of my skis, but the last time I ran out I bought wax paper instead of parchment paper. They are not the same thing. Lesson learned.
deanevans

update

Post by deanevans »

Alrighty so i think its another time for an update.

So we have been taking our time and have gotten a few cores all glued up, From memory i think there was 8 done. none of them have been profiled as I dont have a thicknesser yet and they are still all square as the cnc im currently building is still in progress Image

so below are a few potos of the cnc in progress.

This first one is of the Z and Y axis's. They don't have any of the motors or anything yet but they slide each way.

This next one is just a close up of the Z axis parts just if anyone is interested.

And finally I bought a vacuum system to keep the shed all tidy. And seeing as we have moved house and the shed is directly attached i didn't won't to track dust all through the house.

So yea that's everything hopefully the cnc will be done in the next couple months(everything depends on money) and then ill get a thickness planer and then we can start making boards finally. 9 months since we started and now its starting to come together.