More Monkey business

Document your personal work here. Show photos, movies, and share your secrets.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

Richuk

Post by Richuk »

A video would give the game away! To be honest I haven't fully tested it and I don't have a video. Essentially, it goes up and down, just like a piston on a crank, so it's a mechanical replacement to a reciprocating hydraulic ram.

On a separate issue, I have realised that the movement of the shuttle can be measured (as it moves along) by either monitoring the rotations of the screw that drives the shuttle or attaching a printed sheet to the base of the ski. The printed sheet would need to plot a series of points to be measured. With using clear base material, its not a though I don't know where the core starts, so the accuracy of the plotted sheet can be maintained.

So the process would be measure using three point deflection test (values for deflection and relative angles) , cantilever (values for deflection) and torsional rigidity. A thousand cycles on the fatigue machine and measure again ... keep going until something breaks - if something breaks ) I'm going to feel a lot better this season when I give them over for testing.

The ideal, would be to compare my values with someone elses ... SD - this is the light weigh 'fold away' version
Richuk

Post by Richuk »

MM - I remembered I had a camera on my phone, so this short clip should give you a better understanding of what I am doing in my workshop at the moment, hope it helps :D

webboy

Post by webboy »

That was awesome! :)