latest blak sheep

Document your personal work here. Show photos, movies, and share your secrets.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

knightsofnii

latest blak sheep

Post by knightsofnii »

Doug
knightsofnii

Post by knightsofnii »

i shold probably say something about this board.

1. that's dave, not me ;)

2. Gnarly State Park Stik 155. Thinner core and triax, super buttery flex.

3. Contains the New Jersey Hard Core. A totally custom and somewhat unique core design. The sidewalls are backed by another curved inner sidewall of ...in this case poplar. The rest of the core is strips of predominantly poplar and a few birch strips. Not one fingerjoint

4. QCM epoxy, camax inserts, crown base and sidewalls, V2 Composites Glass Triax 22oz. Topsheet is uhhh....I forget, isocap? with metalflake under the gloss, sublimated graphics :). No base graphic yet.

5. GT30 Turbo, FMIC, 660cc injectors, crushed BOV, external wastegate, stage 3 tuning...kidding...Haha I feel like i'm a rice tooooner and i'm listing the mods for my hookd up civic yo!!
Doug
rockaukum

Post by rockaukum »

How about the details on the core profile? Boards look great. Next is a rocker type for my son (s). So this information would be nice...
ra
knightsofnii

Post by knightsofnii »

6.5mm under the feet, necks to 6mm between feet. from feet to widest point of tips it tapers down to 2mm. Its a little more flexy than we like, next one will have some "carvelar", A Blak Sheep Exclusive, hahaha.

kidding, you can get "carvelar" at Fiberglasssupply.com, its carbon/kevlar weave strips. We just gave it a cool name ;)
Doug
knightsofnii

Post by knightsofnii »

for rocker boards you probably want to stiffen them up some, at least in the tips area...since the tips are already "pre-flexed" if you think about it, the board is already flexed into the nose-press or tail-press position... so you can stiffen them up a little bit for more stability and ollie power.

my board's not rocker yet so i wouldn't use my numbers.
For my board, i think the same core plus the carbokevlar strips added, and better pressing, (had heat issues), will yield a slightly stiffer, more powerful and lighter (more glue squeezed out) board that will kill it in the park :).
Doug
twizzstyle

Post by twizzstyle »

knightsofnii wrote:
5. GT30 Turbo, FMIC, 660cc injectors, crushed BOV, external wastegate, stage 3 tuning
Must be a laggy board :D (kidding)

GREAT looking board, I love the graphics.
knightsofnii

Post by knightsofnii »

i dont know, i just pulled that stuff out of my arse, but i'm sure my subie would love a setup somethin like that!! :)
Doug
hugocacola

Post by hugocacola »

i love the graphics and probably the flex of your board,,, i like flex boards ehehehe not good for pow but vrey nice for boxes

Nice work

;)
twizzstyle

Post by twizzstyle »

knightsofnii wrote:i dont know, i just pulled that stuff out of my arse, but i'm sure my subie would love a setup somethin like that!! :)
<<<Also a Subaru driver. Are you on NASIOC?
MontuckyMadman

Post by MontuckyMadman »

Your a great contributor and I look up to your attention to detail and I bet your boards rip but IMHO that graphic is really ugly.

But I think most of the stuff out there is ugly so fack me, hell my shit is ugly also.

good job keep um comin'
doughboyshredder

Post by doughboyshredder »

I was thinkin the same thing, but I think 99% of the kids in the parks look like kooks, so wtf do I know?
MontuckyMadman

Post by MontuckyMadman »

heh
goes here
knightsofnii

Post by knightsofnii »

hahaha i appreciate the honesty.

I know not everyone is gonna be stoked on the graphic, if that's the case than someone is lying ;).

what can i say, get your eyes examined? hahahaha!!!

I personally think the graphic is a really ridiculous idea, but that's what i like about it ;)

We have other ones too...oh and that graphic has metal flakes in it, you should see how it sparkles :)
Doug
knightsofnii

Post by knightsofnii »

and yes i'm on NASIOC but I dont go on there hardly ever.

I have a 2004 WRX wagon in "WR-Blurple". Stage 1 AP, plus I just got an up pipe, and am waiting on the downpipe which is on back order.
Doug
sammer

Post by sammer »

montucky... that was perhaps the coolest thing I've ever seen, thanks.

sam
You don't even have a legit signature, nothing to reveal who you are and what you do...

Best of luck to you. (uneva)