Hammerhead Axl - mounting heel bail

For discussions related to designing and making ski/snowboard-building equipment, such as presses, core profilers, edge benders, etc.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

sir.orange

Hammerhead Axl - mounting heel bail

Post by sir.orange »

I just bought a paar of HH axls and monted them on my newest skis. everything went finde except the mount of the heel bail. I was pretty accurate in doing what the manual told me, i even called the importeuer in germany to ask how to do it. but after 1,5h i gave up...

i just wanted to test the bindings, without the heel bail i just went downhill, but i want to go touring next week...

i really doubt if tehy sent me the correct parts...the body and bail seem to fit, but i doubt that the asymerical key is the right one. i doesn t push the bail to get spring loaded, i can push it with my fingers to fit shortly, there s nothing left that could spring load the bail. are there different bail keys out there???
feldybikes

Post by feldybikes »

Wow, way off topic for here, but I can try to answer. Yes, the part is asymmetric. I don't remember how it goes together without it in front of me, but, as I recall, it doesn't really look like it fits together properly until screwed down. Keep trying! Also, try telemarktips.com if you keep having issues (or 22 Designs directly I suppose)
sir.orange

Post by sir.orange »

hey thanks for teh response!
my friend who sold me the parts just sent me a package with some more hammerhead parts. seems like there are different heel bail parts...i ll post some results when i m back home to mount the right parts