Cordura

For discussions related to designing and making ski/snowboard-building equipment, such as presses, core profilers, edge benders, etc.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

Craig

Post by Craig »

Good to know. Ill be shopping it around today.
originskis

Post by originskis »

Montucky, im ready when you are. on a second measure, its 68" and 8' long. however many bags you want to make for that length is fine with me. i'll be in bozeman mar. 27-28 if you can have them done by then and just pick em' up. thanks in advance! (i PM'd you the paypal info)
MontuckyMadman

Post by MontuckyMadman »

hans got those ready.
You in town?

Neil how are those working?

I did them different. If they don't work I will make more, with less lag time, this time maybe.

Craig I think you are next.
You still in?
NeilG

Post by NeilG »

just pressed my skis over the past two days (single ski press, no heat, not sure about how long a good cure would take so I probably left them in for longer than I needed). The cordura worked great! Looks like a really professional job too (unlike the skis they were pressing).
shopvac

Post by shopvac »

can't wait to see photos of the press and the skis. Montucky, sounds like you are busy. Thanks again.
originskis

Post by originskis »

Dang, I didn't see your post till now montucky. Do you wanna just ship them? Like I said, I pm'd you the paypal info you can just shoot me an invoice.
MontuckyMadman

Post by MontuckyMadman »

han's sent you a pm and emails.
H-man

Post by H-man »

in a follow up to a PM discussion I had with a member. Just curious to how the cordura presses are doing with regards to heat. Are the fabrics being exposed to heat and is it affecting them in any noticeable way?

I am concerned about heating a cloth press with regards to damaging the fabric and thus considering "plan C" scenarious ( cordura cloth press is already plan B to the `mongo style` press), one of the ideas I am picking up is to make a frame for the cloth so it is kept at a distance from the hot elements, sorta hybrid press if you can imagine ...

please shoot off your dieas, experiences...
MontuckyMadman

Post by MontuckyMadman »

Heat? Dunno.

I have been getting allot of pm's recently and yes they are still available for custom made sizes.

Lets get them done before the snow flys and in Montuckistan its sooner rather than later. Lows in the valley of 29F tonight, snow likely above 6000ft.
Stoked.
MontuckyMadman

Post by MontuckyMadman »

Pic sent from a most recent customer.
chrismp

Post by chrismp »

we're pressing at about 80-90°C and the heat blankets are touching the cordura. didn't have any problems so far.

cool press! but is that top mold supposed to warp like that?
mpm32

Post by mpm32 »

Looks like the curve follows the bottom mold.
chrismp

Post by chrismp »

yep, but if it does you get uneven pressure given the cordura bags are all the same size.
MontuckyMadman

Post by MontuckyMadman »

funny I didn't notice that until I cropped it. Could be the pic. That will result in a loss of camber, obviously.
webboy

Post by webboy »

I'm kinda curious about how the "bags" were put on. All the other cloth presses I have seen have some sort of a stand in the middle. Was the press just lifted up on the end and then just set down on the stand after the bags were put on? I doubt that would work with what I'm about to build- too heavy I think...