Print directly on back of topsheets!!

For discussions related to designing and making ski/snowboard-building equipment, such as presses, core profilers, edge benders, etc.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

Slant

Print directly on back of topsheets!!

Post by Slant »

Has anyone seen this before or had any experience with anything like this? I got it off Graf's site. I have requested prices and more info.. we'll see...

http://www.cps-gmbh.net/de/digiprint.html
doughboyshredder

Post by doughboyshredder »

If I remember correctly the lowest price model that would be adequate was still somewhere around 25,000.00 usd. And the ink is out of control.
dg

Post by dg »

I did this with the skis we built recently. I didn't attempt to buy a printer or anything - that kit is expensive. But there's a company here in Switzerland who can do it - www.sitra.ch - great prices and good quality printing.
falls

Post by falls »

how does dye sub printing or silk screening onto the back of the topsheet or base material affect the bond with the fibre glass below?
Slant

Post by Slant »

As far as I know if you get the right type of ink it will work. And something about corona treatment? Does anyone know for sure? Also, does anyone know of a smaller scale printer that will print the right inks on the back of topsheets?[/quote]