Its so silent

Yak away here, please! This category is for random discussions, comments, and anything but the topics shown above.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

LumberJacked

Post by LumberJacked »

I am a new builder that has been lurking... a lot! Still haven't pulled a ski out of the press just yet but the long road I have been traveling to finally lay a pair up is getting very short! I also got a hold of Dtrain through here to help me out finding some supplies. Posts have been slow but this is still an absolute WEALTH of knowledge and I cannot thank you guys enough for the detailed posts I find here.

Maybe all of us newbies are just spending longer and longer reading through the old posts as the available literature is ever increasing! I will certainly start a post to chronicle my journey once I have my hands on my first pair!!!
LumberJacked

Post by LumberJacked »

Also just noticed that I have been a member for 363 days and am the newest member to have posted on ANY forum here! Kinda sad!
vinman

Post by vinman »

I'm still here, had no idea I was in the top 10 posters club. I'm mostly too busy to post much, work, skis, kids, coaching soccer , life in general etc....I'm still building and selling skis and have evolved my builds greatly over the past few season. I've built a cnc and I'm having success with that. I'm using solid ABS tail bumpers and clear nylon over the veneers now with some screen printing.

I still use the forum for research now and then but mainly doing my own r&d now that I have been building for an out 8-9 years. I figure I'm up over 100 pair built now.
Fighting gravity on a daily basis
www.Whiteroomcustomskis.com
Head Monkey

Post by Head Monkey »

mammuth wrote:... or if everybody is somewhere else in the net.
Personally, I just find it a lot easier to keep up with the FB group than to come here, so I keep forgetting about this forum. It's rolled in with most of the other groups I'm in these days. I see a lot of people there from here as well: https://www.facebook.com/groups/snowboardbuilders/ Not sure if there are any other groups around.

Would be wonderful to see this site get some love though: newer members, a fresher interface, maybe forum software newer than 2005 ;)

Looking at that top 10 posters list, that's a blast from the past right there! Would be fun to see post stats over time.
Everything I know about snowboard building, almost: MonkeyWiki, a guide to snowboard construction
Free open source ski and snowboard CADCAM: MonkeyCAM, snoCAD-X
mammuth

Post by mammuth »

Problem with fb group is you just see new postings and they more or less disappear in the timeline. Good to show off what your doing in that moment.

On a forum like this you can search for info, you have threads and so on. You can use it as a resource. Much better in my opinion.
Tom
sammer

Post by sammer »

I still look in every few months...
No time for building skis the past year or so.

Need to get shop cleaned up and get at it though, time for a new pair for me.
The boy just bought himself new mogul skis. K2 244's

sam
You don't even have a legit signature, nothing to reveal who you are and what you do...

Best of luck to you. (uneva)
martdj

Post by martdj »

New here. Need to log a few posts before I can post my journal with pics. Anxious to contribute and maybe help spur some activity.
MontuckyMadman

Post by MontuckyMadman »

?
Last edited by MontuckyMadman on Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sammer wrote: I'm still a tang on top guy.
MontuckyMadman

Post by MontuckyMadman »

Verify????
sammer wrote: I'm still a tang on top guy.
martdj

Post by martdj »

MontuckyMadman wrote:Verify????
Do I need to get verified in some way?
mammuth

Post by mammuth »

Lol, no the domain was blocked

But maybe montucky wants to verify YOU! ;) ;) ;)
Tom
sammer

Re: Its so silent

Post by sammer »

Yo, it is damn quiet here!!!

Spent an hour or so catching up on all the posts I've missed in a year!

Can't believe I'm still just out of the top 10... WTF!!!
Got a new pair of symmetrical park skis on the go. Should be ready to press next week.

Later,

sam
You don't even have a legit signature, nothing to reveal who you are and what you do...

Best of luck to you. (uneva)
vinman

Post by vinman »

Too busy building to post, cranking out a pair per week for the past 3 months.... Have 3 pair left in the cue.
Fighting gravity on a daily basis
www.Whiteroomcustomskis.com
OAC

Post by OAC »

Same here...addicted to skibuilding...
fred

Post by fred »

I'm more working on CNC stuff than actual building currently. I bought one of those cheap Chinese 6040 CNCs for learning. Currently cutting ribs on for new tip/tail blocks and enhancing the machine with limit switches, lighting for the spindle, etc.