friends and business

Yak away here, please! This category is for random discussions, comments, and anything but the topics shown above.

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

doughboyshredder

friends and business

Post by doughboyshredder »

Just wanted to mention that if anyone attempts to utilize friends for services in exchange for a pair of skis, or whatever, that you very well may get screwed.

I think it is even more important with friends to make sure that everything is written down and agreed upon. I screwed up and lost a good friend over some design work. Stupid crap, and I don't want it to happen to anyone else.
rockaukum

Post by rockaukum »

You see this all the time in the business world. My father almost lost his retirement do to this same kinda stuff! Sad but true, well said Doughboy.
knightsofnii

Post by knightsofnii »

i have friends doing stuff, but their work and expectations of when they will get it done is not something i can rely on. When we go full bore, everyone will be hired guns.
Some of them do great work, like our graphics guys, but its like pulling teeth to get them to do stuff when they're not getting paid for it, it gets put to the back burner even when they WANT to do it rather than the shit they get paid for. Just the way of life.

Everything is a waiting game when you're as small as us and tryin to get shit done.

I stopped promising boards to people a long time ago ;)
Doug
RoboGeek

Post by RoboGeek »

I own a computer/network business, and you wouldn't believe what they expect you to do for free.

family is no better..
For example, while everybody was enjoying x-mas dinner, I was removing viruses from 2 PC's and a laptop everybody brought over
I used to be a lifeguard, but some blue kid got me fired.
MontuckyMadman

Post by MontuckyMadman »

heh, you guys are to smart/nice for your own good.