First pow turns of the season

So, did they work, and how were they? Show everyone proof that your ride was a success (or even a complete failure)!

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

Idris

First pow turns of the season

Post by Idris »

We had an early dump of snow, it would be rude not to go play

ben_mtl

Post by ben_mtl »

Can I hate you ? :)

Temps are slowly getting down here but snow is still 1 month away (at best !)
Could you give more details about your skis ? afterall it,s the "how did they work" section..
A bad day skiing is always better than a good one at work...
Idris

Post by Idris »

Sorry Ben_mtl - I am lazy

Skis - Bouqetin is what I call them - like the mountain animal they are named after (you may know it as an Ibex or Stienbock) they are supposed to be powerful masters of the mountain.

This pair have a recycled pine (bed and pallet in these) with Oak sidewalls, tailbone and tipspacer (thanks Luca) and Oak veneer topsheet (thanks again Luca)

130 - 100 - 120 and 180cm long - this was my first pair of this shape from my new press (must get round to writing that one up) I pressed the ski to far back in the mold and ended up with a lowish tip - ok in yesterdays heavy ish pow, but not so great in the lighter stuff.

Similar ski to say a Dynastar legend Pro - a fair bit lighter and a bit easier on the legs (a touch softer).
tufty

Post by tufty »

Oooohyabugga! You were skiing, I was painting skilift cabins. Bah!
twizzstyle

Post by twizzstyle »

I've only been to Chamonix once in the summer, and I just did a little bit of hiking up on the Aiguille du Midi. Your video of walking along that ridge gives me the willies!!! Don't trip! :D