Section8- GS Comp ski

So, did they work, and how were they? Show everyone proof that your ride was a success (or even a complete failure)!

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

skidesmond

Section8- GS Comp ski

Post by skidesmond »

So I've had a couple days to ski on them. Starting to like them a lot. Not as stiff as I thought they'd be. But that's fine. Great side cut. As posted before, race night was not great but I attribute that to me at this point as opposed to the skis. They hold great on hard pack (like we have a choice) , turning radius is around 16.5m according to Sno-Cadx . There seems to be a discrepancy between snow-cadx and what's posted by manufactures (no surprise and I don't know who is more accurate, just sayin'....) But the radius is probably more like 17 - 18m, which is inline w/ GS.

Overall, "I like 'em". I'll be using them for the race season. Need to work on my technique (as always). :D

SKI-ON
Brazen

Post by Brazen »

You rock :)
"86% of the time it works 100% of the time".
OAC

Post by OAC »

Cool!
How many races? Is it a race league?

I'd like to race too! But we don't have this "veteran tour" here. :(
skidesmond

Post by skidesmond »

It's a Wednesday night league with 9 races, all are at the local hill. No racing circuit or anything like that, just munchies and a keg after the race. Ages range from 16 - 70's. There's about 230+ people signed up this season. Races are dual Nastar style. You get 1 race on the blue course and 1 on the red and times are combined for points based on your age. Believe it or not the most competitive racers are in their early 50's with another group that are late teens early 20's. A fun night out.
Jekul

Post by Jekul »

The guys in their 50's are the people with extra time and extra money. The guys in their late teens and early 20's have extra guts and extra desire for glory.
skidesmond

Post by skidesmond »

Jekul wrote:The guys in their 50's are the people with extra time and extra money. The guys in their late teens and early 20's have extra guts and extra desire for glory.

So true!