Snowbird, UT 12/6/2010

So, did they work, and how were they? Show everyone proof that your ride was a success (or even a complete failure)!

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

powderho

Snowbird, UT 12/6/2010

Post by powderho »

Just another 2" day at the Bird skiing with my old roomate (he's the one filming). Caught a bunch of air, had many a pow turn, and didn't ride the tram once. This stuff is just way too much fun. Thank god for night shift.

Check it out:
skidesmond

Post by skidesmond »

Great video! I could feel myself trying to turn watching it! Nice air shots. So which skis were you using?
powderho

Post by powderho »

skidesmond wrote: So which skis were you using?
I was on the green pair on the far left of the top picture in this thread:

viewtopic.php?t=2707

It's actually pretty similar to the others beside in the picture. This particular pair has an ash core with maple sidewalls. The dimensions I have settled on are 135-120-130 with a 35M turn radius in a 188cm length. It is so much stiffer and burlier than anything I had made in the past. My next pair of bamboo cores is waiting to get tuned (the white and black pair on the far right) and I'm thinking I will like them a bit better. They are just a bit softer. Maybe a little more forgiving. That's my number one design goal for my skis--burly, but forgiving. I hit a lot of jumps I shouldn't and land back-seat way to often. I need a ski that won't rip my knees apart when I do that. I'm already on ACL #3 in my right knee.
skidesmond

Post by skidesmond »

Nice. I'm working on a similar feel but for east coast skiing. A ski that will plow through crud and carve on hard pack w/o chattering made of ash, they work pretty well. Trying to soften it up just a bit. Otherwise pretty good.
MontuckyMadman

Post by MontuckyMadman »

aw.... sick?
Do we have a legend in the midst?
Misha

Post by Misha »

Excellent skiing! Excellent video!)
From R with l :)
Murchonn
a.badner

Post by a.badner »

your old room mates with sage cattabriga alosa? OMG. can you get me an autograph or somthing?