First Runs and a nasty crash

So, did they work, and how were they? Show everyone proof that your ride was a success (or even a complete failure)!

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

COsurfer

Post by COsurfer »

Thanks man, I will give it a try.
COsurfer

Post by COsurfer »

DBS, Here is my design for a decambered tip/tail. Is this similar to your design?
doughboyshredder

Post by doughboyshredder »

Yep, but I suggest a lot less camber. more like 5mm, or less. Mainly because when you weight out the camber it raises the rocker section even more.
COsurfer

Post by COsurfer »

Great point! Thanks
knightsofnii

Post by knightsofnii »

our "micrognarockamber" is working really good, and people are liking it alot. It helps more for board flex really, in my opinion. Board rides virtually flat until you weight it a certain way, it just seems to react faster to which ever way you want it to bend,twist,carve whatever.

I didn't want to overdo it in any aspect, the actual "..ckamber" part of it came from bottom heating an otherwise between foot rocker mold. Its no more than 2mm rocker if that, and maybe 1mm camber.

Anyway, you could remedy your too catchy board by rebending it, or do what doughboy said and give it early rise. Sounds like your running length vs edge contact points are creating huge pressure points near the tips, bend the nose/tail sooner to loosen it up

try it out, take that same board, throw it into a shorter running length mold, YOU CAN RE-HEAT AND RE-FORM A BOARD/SKI if your epoxy agrees with it. Throw it in a press @ 200 degrees or so for like 15-20 min and check
Doug