December 8 and 9, Alpental, WA

So, did they work, and how were they? Show everyone proof that your ride was a success (or even a complete failure)!

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

Greg

December 8 and 9, Alpental, WA

Post by Greg »

I took the new unnamed pair of boards up to Alpental two days in a row and they performed awesome, except for the delaminations I mentioned in the other forum. I also skiied the Bremallows for a few runs, and they were extremely difficult to manage down the icy and mogulled International run. I took some pretty long traverses, and they really wore out my legs. Then I managed to find a few pockets of powder, and all the struggling was worth it :D.

One thing to note is that when I was cutting the Bremallows out I hadn't yet built a router table, and so I hit the edge with the router. As luck would have it, I hit a rock right where the edge was partially routed away, and the edge cracked and started pulling out of the ski. It should be partially fixable, so long as I only ski the Bremallows in soft snow.
littleKam
Site Admin

Post by littleKam »

Another pair already? Somebody's working hard. What's the dimensions of the skis?
- Kam S Leang (aka Little Kam)