BS-00001

So, did they work, and how were they? Show everyone proof that your ride was a success (or even a complete failure)!

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

knightsofnii

BS-00001

Post by knightsofnii »

hi
This is the first board we've built with our own graphic.
Check the Journals section, its the last board photo in my thread.

Anyway, it's a 159, slightly narrower tail, centered stance, mellow sidecut, midwide about 25.5 at the waist.

I took a few runs on it, and had to hit the wax shop and detune the contact points considerably, the edges are razor sharp and it was biting hard when on edge.

Got back on the hill it was a little better, but with the sharp edges on a board wider than my little feet can handle, it was putting a lot of torque on my ankles and nearly forcing me to my opposite edge.

So, shape-wise, its not the board for me. Other than that, the thing was fast as all hell, didn't vibrate or shake at all, solid medium flex. We bent the snot out of it and nothing phases it.

Dave rode it and liked it alot, but believes its more an all mountain freeride pow type board. We handed it off to Shane.

Shane takes the thing, and leaves us in a trail of dust. We catch up to him in the park. 3 or 4 frontside 900's later he is loving the board. We then did more freeriding and he proceded to hit rock jibs, slashes, basically beat and flexed the snot out of the thing.

It ended up with one chip in the topsheet, a couple base scratches, no signs of caving in under pressure. Shane breaks burton and k2 and other boards all the time, so it was wonderful to have him hand it back and its barely even scratched up. He said he didn't like the torsional flex of it at first, too stiff torsionally, but after 2 or 3 runs he said it got better torsionally. Sorry I dont have an "infinite ride" robot ;).
Doug
Nick's Sticks

Post by Nick's Sticks »

I think the real BS is that we don't get any photos. Good to hear that your builds can withstand some abuse, and I did the graphics. Cheers.
"Powder days? Everyone loves powder days. You can ski powder days the rest of your life. I prefer ice, its faster." -Glen Plake
knightsofnii

Post by knightsofnii »

hahaha, i knew someone would say somethin about BS ;)

i'll post some riding photos next time we rip on it.
Doug