Torre Principal via Refugio Frey and Catedral, Argentina

So, did they work, and how were they? Show everyone proof that your ride was a success (or even a complete failure)!

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

bigKam
Site Admin

Torre Principal via Refugio Frey and Catedral, Argentina

Post by bigKam »

Cass, Skip, and I are in Argentina for a few weeks. Cass is skiing his KAB´s that Kelvin helped him make. Skip is skiing the red pair I made for him shown here http://www.skibuilders.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1392. I´m skiing my Recyled Project Pallet skis. Skip commented on how well the damping technology I incorporated into his skis are working. Both Cass and Skip are skiing very well on their skis. The Pallets are working like a charm.

Catedral resort has a low snow pack this year, but the skiing is still good. A recent storm put down over 12 inches of snow, so we got face shots in August. We spent two days in the backcountry, skiing one day below Torre Principal in knee-deep powder. We stayed one night at Refugio Frey, a small hut in an adjacent valley to Catedral. The Andes are amazing. I have photos but due to technical difficulties will not be able to post until I return to the States.

The weather is currently deteriorating, but that´s a good thing...
G-man

Post by G-man »

BigKam,

Figured you were south of the equator about now. Woo-hoo! Really lookin' forward to some great pics.

G-man
bigskis

Post by bigskis »

Im psyked to know that some people are skiing but Im going nuts counting the days till it starts to snow. Enjoy your powder turns. I just broke my collar bone and cant do any thing till november now. I cleaned my DH bike bike and put it away for the year. So bummed bring on the snow!!!!!
bigKam
Site Admin

Post by bigKam »

Nick's Sticks

Post by Nick's Sticks »

I read your TR on TAY. Your pan-shots are amazing. I am glad to see homebuilt planks being ridden in all the hemispheres. I'm jealous of the knee deep power, all we have here are knee deep sun cups.
bigKam
Site Admin

Post by bigKam »

Nick's Sticks: it's certainly fun to ski in new places, and meeting new faces, too. I'm quite intrigued by the northern Patagonia area, and hope someday to return but go further south -- maybe cross over to Chile. I really, really enjoy skiing and being in the mountains. For those interested in the pan shots, here's the link to my TR on TAY:

http://www.turns-all-year.com/skiing_sn ... ic=10750.0

I just ordered two 30" wide prints from the originals I have, hoping to add some scenery in my office. If anyone is interested, I'd be glad to share the original pan shots -- just PM me.

Cass and I were dreaming about next year's trip. I think I'd like to visit Asia, next; maybe check out northern Japan?

Here are more photos:

Last edited by bigKam on Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rockaukum

Post by rockaukum »

Its Just Not Fair!
ra