Dec. 30, Crystal Mtn., WA

So, did they work, and how were they? Show everyone proof that your ride was a success (or even a complete failure)!

Moderators: Head Monkey, kelvin, bigKam, skidesmond, chrismp

bigKam
Site Admin

Dec. 30, Crystal Mtn., WA

Post by bigKam »

Kelvin and I skied at Crystal Mtn. ski area today in fantastic conditions. We found in some spots up to 24" of new dry powder! I almost had to resuscitate Kelvin from choking on powder -- yes, it was deep, especially when the High Campbell chair opened in the late afternoon. We managed 5 nice runs through nearly waist-deep untracked pow-pow in one spot, then poked around for a few more good runs before the chair closed.

Earlier in the day when we were skiing in the Green Valley area, I was standing at the bottom of a run watching Kelvin ski when suddenly a man skied by, stopped and ask, "Hey, did you make those?" I said "Yes!" After a quick pause, he said, "Are you Kam?" "Yes!" was my reply. He introduced himself as the one and only CADMAN from our forum! Wow! To say the least, Kelvin and I were extremely happy to meet him. We took a couple runs with CADMAN and chatted like school kids about the nuts and bolts of building skis. CADMAN has a lot of experience and it was good to have him share his insight. CADMAN, it was really nice to meet you. We'll come visit you soon.

I skied on my latest pair, the unamed skis (gray and brown) and Kelvin started the morning on his reverse sidecut Dr. Strangeloves, then switched to his Little Wings. My new skis are super fun in pow, and they are very stable at high speed. I definitely noticed the rubber damper system. Unfortunately, the p-tex sidewalls delamed. I need to work on a better bonding method.

But wow, what a great day of skiing! Sorry, I don't have any photos to share -- too busy skiing this time.